This weekend I am working on a synopsis for my story, Afterdamp.This is the story I wrote during April last year. Powering your way through a 200+ page novel in 30 days is an accomplishment. Editing and re-editing said novel is brag-worthy. Writing a query for aforementioned novel is an inhuman feat, but writing a synopsis for said/aforementioned novel feels like an impossibility--like matter traveling faster than the speed of light or the dishes mysteriously washing themselves.

In short, it's a lot harder than it sounds and I need all your positivity-ness. Please clap your hands if you believe in me. Everyone. Now. Thanks.

In the meantime. Here is one of my favorite poems by Stephen Crane. Please note that it reflects my current mood:

III

In the desert
I saw a creature, naked, bestial,
who, squatting upon the ground,
Held his heart in his hands,
And ate of it.
I said, "Is it good, friend?"
"It is bitter -- bitter," he answered;
"But I like it
Because it is bitter,
And because it is my heart."