I'm one week into my third novel in 30 days, and while my son has written approximately 22,000 words so far, I've written approximately 22. Words. Okay, well it's more like 2,200 words, but still not even close to where I need to be if I'm pounding out 2,000 words a day. I'm going to have to buckle down and do some serious catching up this weekend.

I'm counting on my second wind soon. 

Just read Bridget Jones's Diary. Was going to wait to listen to audio book, which heard was awesome, but realized more than decade later, still haven't listened to audio book due to extreme aversion to spending more than $30 on anything that isn't shoes or sushi. V. bad.

But seriously. It's a great read.  If you haven't read it already, now's the time. I was about 3/4 of the way through before I realized it was Pride and Prejudice retold, despite the not-so-subtle hints. I flew through it at about 120 pages an hour while rocking the elliptical (600 calories an hour), simultaneously composing new brilliant novel bits via text message to myself, answering children's phone calls and jamming out to my iPod Touch on shuffle (Queen to Black-Eyed Peas to Jim Gaffigan to The Eagles to Billy Collins to The Manhattan Transfer). That's multitasking at it's finest. Not a moment wasted.

By the way, I'm still enjoying the TV shows Touch and Awake. Is anyone else enjoying these besides me?

Blog off.