I haven't blogged much recently, because I've been working on some big projects, but I thought I'd take a minute to update my many followers.

I am 18,000 words in to NaNoWriMo, which is pretty much on target for the national goal of 50,000 by the end of the month. My son and were discussing our different writing styles this weekend and we discovered some things about ourselves. He's a detail guy. He loves to name things, and is always asking me about plot devices and archetypes. I like to plan my characters well and outline vaguely, if at all. I never know how my story is going to end when I start writing it, which makes it a more exciting and emotional journey for me. It's worked well for me so far. Maybe I'll mix it up some time in the (not near) future, but so far I haven't felt the need to.

That's all for now. And a P.S. for Jesse: I ate Greek yogurt for breakfast today--strawberry banana flavored. And I drank my coffee with pumpkin-flavored creamer. I know I'm mixing spring flavors with fall flavors, but I can't help myself.