I've been writing completely the wrong way.

Last year I went to the League of Utah Writers Conference in Park City and encountered something I was totally unprepared for. It wasn't harsh/helpful critique, swoon-worthy celebrity guests or a wealth of helpful information on writing/editing/publishing. I'm not saying those factors weren't present, but I was prepared for them. The surprise was the wealth of business cards that ended up in my pockets and in my purse. Everyoneand I mean everyone had oneexcept me.

This year's conference is coming up on Friday/Saturday and I plan to be prepared this time. I won't waste my time honing my latest manuscript. Instead, I plan to go armed with the bestest business card ever. I saw some pretty awesome business cards last year, so the stakes are high, but I was raised with five brothers and this makes me highly competitive. I also minored in professional and technical writing and I'm a freelance document designer. (Credentials proffered.) So in an effort to outdo the rest of the writing world (suck it, writing world!), I trolled the Internet for the coolest business cards ever. Below are some of the best business card offerings.

Die-cut
Cool die-cut face case with matching hair-colored card.

Pop-up
Pop-up figure card! Fun for everyone!

Impressive
Impressive official document-style card--is there a bubble-wrap card?

Balloon card
Balloon card? Can I make animals with them?!

Super-friendly
Super-friendly business cards!

Impressive retro
Impressive retro envelope wax seal card.

Dazzle you
Or good grammar or em-dashes....


Showcasing skills
Showcasing skills! Seems like a good idea.

Yes, my intention is to have an awesome business card in time for the conference. But in reality, I'll probably end up with something like this:

My name is Cynthia
My name is Cynthia
A girl can only do so much....