For those of my followers who are also writers, I'm listing some Web sites that I've found helpful/fun. 


First is Query Shark by Janet Reid at http://queryshark.blogspot.com/. This is a good place to look over other people's queries draft by draft and Janet's suggestions. Go through the archives to get some very helpful hints. If you're brave enough--submit your own, but make sure you don't make any of the mistakes she warns against in previous posts or she won't post it.


Second is Creative Writing Prompts http://www.creativewritingprompts.com/#. I thought this was a fun Web site with 346 writing prompts. Just mouse over the number to get the prompt if you're feeling a little stopped up (as far as your creative flow, if it's something else, then eat a Fiber One bar).


Third is NANOWRIMO http://www.nanowrimo.org/. November is NANOWRIMO month, but this site has myriad helpful blogs, tips, and peptalks to get your through whatever writing challenges you may be facing all year long.


These are just a few of the sites I like. If anyone has suggestions of their own, I'd love to hear them.


My poem of the week is Ozymandias by Percy Bysshe Shelley


Ozymandias
I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. Near them on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown
And wrinkled lip and sneer of cold command
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed.
And on the pedestal these words appear:
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away".